Thursday, September 17, 2015

Citizenship Day with the CCEE

 
 
 
Lois continues her 'duties' as the hostess for the CCEE Stampers Challenge.  This is her challenge for this week.
 
 
Lois here again, hosting the CCEE challenge this week.  Today is Citizenship Day.  I ask that you make a patriotic card or a card indicating your heritage.
 
 
I went with the heritage portion of the challenge.  During a fabulous trip long ago to Poland, the land of my father's family, I learned how to do pysanki, which is egg decorating.  When I came home I also took a night course in pysanky, or Ukrainian egg decorating.  This represents my love of decorated eggs that was born due to my heritage.
 
Here is a picture I shared before that shows some of the eggs I decorated when my peepers were working better than they do now.
 
 
Now be sure to visit the CCEE Blog to see the fab creations by the rest of this creative and fabulous DT.

8 comments:

Liz Williams said...

What a beuaitul artform and so glad you share it on your card!!

Vicky Gould said...


First, that card is magnificent!!! What awesome colors. Second, those eggs must have taken forever...they are absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done on both counts, Joanne!

Lynn McAuley said...

Your card is beautiful, Joanne, and your eggs are a treasure. Oh, the joy you must feel when to take them out each Easter and place them carefully in your basket. What a wonderful way to stay connected to your family's heritage! Remarkable work!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I'm not surprised you used a pysanki egg as your image today! What surprised me was all the ones you had done in the past! WOW! Love the bright and brilliant colors!

Sabrina said...

What an interesting write-up as well as a gorgeous card, Joanne - and oh my goodness, those eggs!! They look so detailed. It must have been extra-interesting to have learned the technique in its "home" setting, too.

Lois said...

Your card -- and your eggs -- are beautiful. I had a neighbor of Ukrainian descent, and she gave me an egg one Easter. It is still on display in my hutch. Congratulations on learning this art!

StampOwl said...

I thought you might have done something along these lines and you haven't disappointed :) .. such a bright and cheery card

Maryann said...

Beautiful stunning colours on your card and amazing artwork on all those eggs.