Saturday, May 30, 2015

Crazies Think Vacation


(Sorry about the muddy picture.)


Hi everyone,

It's the last Saturday of the month, which means our challenge hostess,  Barb,  has one last challenge for the Crazy4Challenges DT this month.
  

Here is this week's challenge ......

School is about out and vacations are either planned or being planned. What would be your ideal vacation spot? Beach, mountains, backyard? Whatever your destination is, let's create a card or project using it as your inspiration.

My card is clean and simple, but it does depict an actual place I will be visiting several times this summer.  It is Cape  Neddick Light, better known as Nubble Light, which is in York, Maine.  Friends and I have been taking a trip to this area for over 45 years.  (Yep.......I am that old!!!!!)  This place is one of my absolute favorite three places I have visited in the world......along with Aruba and Japan (well....and Myrtle Beach, too)!!!  Being near the ocean is important to me, as you can see from my favorite places.  I think it was nurtured in my youth when our family would venture on the weekends to Misquamicut Beach in nearby Rhode Island.  The whole family --sister, brother, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles--would go and our blankets and umbrellas would take up quite a large area of the beach.

This stamp of Nubble is from Repeat Impressions.  The sentiment, I think, is by Hero Arts.

Be sure to stop by the Crazies Blog to see where the rest of the DT likes to vacation.

2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I love how elegant this is - perfect card for the challenge, along with the back story.

StampOwl said...

beautiful card, you are the Queen of piercing :). So cool you have a stamp of a place that you visit.