Thursday, February 26, 2015

The CCEE Stampers -- Inlaid Die Cuts


Sabrina, the CCEE Stampers hostess for February is a technique savvy stamper.  This week she challenged us to use the inlaid die cut technique.  You can find a tutorial on this technqiue at Splitcoaststampers.

I went CAS with mine.  I have had, unfortunately, a need for sympathy cards, and my stash is very low, so I wanted to keep this clean and crisp for a serene sympathy card.  I used a fern die (I think it is from Cherry Lynn Designs, but am not sure)  along with a Spellbinders circle die.  I didn't exactly do it as the tutorial instructed, but my results are the same.  I added a sentiment from Hero Arts and some paper piercing around the edges.

Be sure to visit the CCEE Blog to see the fabulous inlaid die creations by the rest of this fabulous team.

7 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

A gorgeous CAS sympathy card, Joanne.

StampOwl said...

Simply beautiful Joanne

Lois said...

This is lovely, Joanne. I may have to CASE it.

Liz Williams said...

The clean and simple provides a sense of solitude for this beautiful sympathy card. Masterfully done, Joanne!

Lynn McAuley said...

A beautiful card of sympathy! I love your wonderful inlaid fern! Great design, Joanne!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Gorgeous.and great colors!

Sabrina said...

It's a great CAS design, Joanne, and with that white circle it looks as if you are still moonstruck from last week ;-). I think that is a Cheery Lynn die, it looks like one I have! I must remember it for sympathy cards, it looks great on yours.