Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Crazies Go CAS in the New Year


Peggy is our hostess for the month of January, and she has asked the Crazy4Challenges DT to keep things simple this week.  Think CAS (clean and simple).  Well......I combined this challenge with yesterday's Free4All Challenge on Splitcoast, which was to case a fav stamper's style.  I am inspired by many of my fellow stampers, but when I think of dramatic and fun CAS, Karen Dunbrook comes to my mind.  Along with Julie Warner, Karen and I were on the Innovative Stamp Creations design team together.   Since then I try to 'channel' Karen when I try CAS cards.  This was actually my version of one of her cards.  If you are a challenge participant at Splitcoast, you got a sneak peek at this card in yesterday's galleries.

The sentiment stamp is from Penny Black.  The other stamps and stencils used are ancient stamps from my scrapbooking days.  I am sure they are all retired now.   Some of the companies don't even exist anymore..

Be sure to visit the Crazies Blog to see the fab CAS creations by the rest of this fabulous DT.

3 comments:

StampOwl said...

Ohhhhhh what an awesome card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Happy New Year!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the dots!! I am hoping to play this week!

Lynn Put said...

This is fantastic! Love cheerful colors and the layered stenciling.