Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year to All!!!


Welcome to the first CCEE Stampers Challenge foro 2015!!!  Vicky, our hostess for January, asked us to make cards using birds......a fav of hers.

I wanted to use a new 'toy', so I went with this silhouetted die cut from Spellbinders with two birds on wires.  The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.  I added a panel of designer paper and some paper piercing.  Simple, yes, but in one of my fav color combos.

Be sure to visit the CCEE Blog to see the fabulous ways in which the Design Team went 'to the birds'.


7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Happy New Year ... I have been hmmming and ahhhing as to whether to buy this die .... love how you used it on this card

Maryann said...

Happy New Year, I love the black and white on this card the die is just stunning. - Maryann

Vicky Gould said...

Outstanding! What a cool die cut! I am jealous! Love your black and white beauty. Happy New Year, Joanne!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

My fav colors too. Love this die, and your fab piercing. Happy New Year, GF!

Lois said...

I would have known this was your card even if it wasn't identified as such! I love your favorite color combination, and that die is really nice. Happy New Year to you, my friend!

Sabrina said...

Now there's a familiar sight! Here, for sure, but somehow this reminds me of Greece, where we see swallows on the lines all over the place. I guess overhead wires are more predominant there, LOL. It makes for a great masculine card with that black and white treatment.
Wishing you a happy New Year.

Liz Williams said...

Your black and white cards are always my favorites too. Love this new diecut. Hope 2015 has gotten off to a good start and continues to be a great year for you!!